I don't remember having this problem before, but when I select 'print sdcard' all of the filenames have tilde's in them, like the old Windows to DOS hashed filename conversion. Though what I remember from those days was the conversion was a compression of the name, but what I'm seeing is actually modifying the external filename on the sdcard.
I'm printing several sub-components of an STL that won't fit on my printer, so I'm 'cutting the STL apart' then exporting printable STLs, with eventually naming the 'toolpath' file like this: PR05BOT1 : two letters for the project, 'part number 5', Bottom half, sub-assembly 01. PR05B has 4 sub-assemblies. And I'll see a listing like this when I go to 'print sdcard':
PR05B~1
PR05B~2
...
I was relying on the last digit being the same as the name of the gcode file, but its not. I ended up printing the same sub-assembly twice because for some reason PR05BOT2.g was displayed as PR5BOT~3. Now I clean off printed files from the SDcard so its unambiguous which is the new file to be printed. But I'm wondering if I organized the filenames on the SDcard a certain way, I won't see the twiddles. Oh, if it makes a difference, the original STL I import into S3D has a ridiculous name, e.g. 'name of movie - version 3 of prop - year of release part number 5'. I've not looked inside the gcode file, but I could imagine there is an internal name that includes the original STL filename.