pablogil

Vase mode - setting wall thickness

Hi,

I'm trying to print a regular vase with "vase mode", that is, a vase with a base and a single wall.
The problem arises because I want to set the wall thickness (with "extrusion multiplier" or "extrusion width") to a high value so that the single wall gets an extra thickness... but this setting affects the base which is solid and don't like this setting as it produces an over extrusion on this area.

I have tried different processes, one for base and other for single wall (vase mode) but Simplify3D doesn't allow me to do that because it says "vase mode" can only be used with one process.

Any idea on how can I easily control the wall thickness without having to manually create my own .gcode?

Thanks!
CompoundCarl

Re: Vase mode - setting wall thickness

Don't change the extrusion multiplier. Leave that how it was normally. Just set the extrusion width to manual and enter a larger value. That way it won't over-extrude on the base and the walls will all be thicker.
pablogil

Umm, I understand, but it will make the base paths to be more "separated" between them, doesn't it?
jimc

The extrusion width setting will cause the printer to extrude at the width you have it set to.....assuming your multiplier is set correctly

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”