isacat
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:24 pm

help with fine tuning

Hi, I just purchased a second hand ultimaker 2 printer.
I did some test prints and I have some questions about it
1. on the image below you see some filament hanging on the print model, it seems when the extruder moves from one model to the other one that it leave some filament hanging , how can I prevent this?

Image
Image

2. second project, the skull, this is a hollow print so you can add light in it. Print is almost ok, because it is hollow inside I have a holl in the left eye. Strange thing is that the right eye is ok. how can I prevent this?

Image

thanks for the feedbacks
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: help with fine tuning

Are you sure the model for the skull has enough thickness in that area around the eye socket? It looks like it's hollow to me, so perhaps the walls are getting to thin in that area.

Anyways, you would probably also enjoy reading their print quality guide as it addresses many similar issues: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... eshooting/
TMeyer
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:52 pm

Re: help with fine tuning

Hi,

regarding 'filament hanging' you can just try to tweak the ratraction settings.
Open process settings, go to tab 'Extruder', enable 'Retraction' and slightly try to reduce the 'Retraction distance' in 0.1mm steps and watch if it gets better.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”