fiore00713
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:27 pm

PowerSpec Pro (FF Creator Pro Clone) randomly stops printing

I've had a recent issue creep up that I haven't been able to narrow down a cause.
Had this issue start over the weekend when I was trying to get a file printed. Job got to about 80% and the printer just stopped working. No movement on XYZ and it also stopped feeding. All temps hold stable, the device still responds as I'm able to go into the menu and cancel the job.
I've tried re-creating the print file and re-running (all settings were kept the same) with the same results.

Last night I tried printing a completely different model the job got to about 30% and I had the same result.

To make things stranger, I tried a 3rd model that completed successfully.

The only changes I've made within the environment recently was replacing the extruder nozzle. However, I've ran about 25-30hrs on the new hardware and these issues are just now presenting themselves.

I'm running the latest build of S3D with a slightly modified (extra bottom/top layers, shells and temps) PowerSpec Creator Pro profile.

Any thoughts as to what I could try for troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated and if needed I can gather some logs or something later today when I get home from work

Thanks
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: PowerSpec Pro (FF Creator Pro Clone) randomly stops prin

What operating system are you using on your computer? Are you sure the computer is going to sleep or trying to put things into power saving mode?

It may also be helpful to see the communication log from the machine control panel when the machine stops moving. That may contain extra clues as to what is happening.
fiore00713
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:27 pm

Re: PowerSpec Pro (FF Creator Pro Clone) randomly stops prin

I'm running Windows 10 x64 (completely up-to-date)
I did neglect to mention I'm kicking the file to SD and running it from there
Heutinck
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:14 am

Re: PowerSpec Pro (FF Creator Pro Clone) randomly stops prin

this sounds like the same problem that happens on the Wanhoa printers like I have. on these its the cheap SD card that fails and causes this problem. it will randomly stop printing. It just depends on where the bad sector is on the card. Try printing from a different card.
fiore00713
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:27 pm

Re: PowerSpec Pro (FF Creator Pro Clone) randomly stops prin

Heutinck wrote:this sounds like the same problem that happens on the Wanhoa printers like I have. on these its the cheap SD card that fails and causes this problem. it will randomly stop printing. It just depends on where the bad sector is on the card. Try printing from a different card.
This is very curious. I will have to try the file on a different SD card tonight, I hadn't even thought about that
fiore00713
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:27 pm

Re: PowerSpec Pro (FF Creator Pro Clone) randomly stops prin

So it looks like I may have had a pissy SD card, after all this
I've been able to run some prints with a different card with no issues

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”