alexmx
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:17 am

Overextrusion at the start of printing rounded line.

Before start rounded line - hotend slows down, and at that moment extruding continues and pushes the excess plastic (retraction disabled).
I tried many combinations inside-out, outside-in, wipe, coasting, on\off retract but nothing helped.
Extrusion well calibrated.

Do you have any suggestion? My brain is exploding...
simple cylinder
simple cylinder
The similar problem I found in topic viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5147

P.S. I printed the model in Repetier-Host with Slic3r and had good result without overextusion.

Links to video:
https://youtu.be/qazP_rodhgA
https://youtu.be/Nma20i-MJi4
https://youtu.be/GvRlYBWiM4k
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Overextrusion at the start of printing rounded line.

I would add some coasting since that will help relieve the pressure before the end of the loop. It looks like it's oozing some when it moves, which is to be expected since you aren't coasting or retracting
alexmx
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:17 am

Re: Overextrusion at the start of printing rounded line.

CompoundCarl wrote:I would add some coasting since that will help relieve the pressure before the end of the loop. It looks like it's oozing some when it moves, which is to be expected since you aren't coasting or retracting
Yes, I tried to add coasting - result much better (not ideal) but after that I have problem with printing of small details.
alexmx
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:17 am

Re: Overextrusion at the start of printing rounded line.

After several days of heavy search and analyzing the generated g-code from Simplify3D and Slic3r - I found a command causes the printing slow down between print perimeters - it was the "G92 E0".
I unchecked "Allow zeroing of extrusion distances" tick in the "G-Code" section and the print quality was perfect.
I think this is firmware problem.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”