kcockrell
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:34 pm

S3D adding layers where not supposed to

I made a model, saved it as an STL file and imported it to S3D. This is what the cross section of the model should look like.
CGB.PNG
When I prepare the to print, random layers are added as seen below.
CG Bay Problem 2.PNG
Has anyone seen this before? I have "Merge all outlines into a single solid model" unchecked so I know that isn't the issue. I was looking at printing it flipped over and I had the same issue occur but the number of layers and thickness of the layers it added was different.
CG Bay Problem.PNG
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: S3D adding layers where not supposed to

Usually that means there's a problem with the model, but if you post your factory file, it will be easier for others to help (File > Save Factory File)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”