narit

Non negative extrusion distance.

I have wanhao duplicator 6 which I try to use S3D to generate GCode for.

However, I show the error that relate to "Printing Area". After some experiment, the problem came up that the printer doesn't support any negative distance or extrusion length value.

I'm also not successful to use relative mode in both Z leveling and Extrusion Distance. The z distance could be fixed with the changing in initial script but the negative extrusion still remain.

With retraction, the first layer has some negative E-distance value from retraction. Therefore is it possible to OFFSET the E-distance (by wasting some filament to gain some offset at the initial printing) ?
andrewk72

Re: Non negative extrusion distance.

Wow, that seems like a terrible restriction for a firmware. That essentially means that you can't do any retractions in the beginning of your print.

How silly of them to create firmware that has this limitation when every other firmware out there has no problems with doing a G1 E-1 or similar command
narit

I am waiting for S3D team to respond to this question.

I think I would be pretty easy to fix this problem, however what I expect is : simplify is considered as top paid 3d printing slicing software then this feature should be competent.

I might fix this problem by writing some stupid script to recalculate the X,Y,Z,E to be absolute but it's not what i expect for.
andrewk72

Why in the world would you want S3D to do that? It means it won't ever be able to retract during the first few layers of your print, which will produce terrible quality. If this is really true, it's most definitely a firmware bug that wanhao needs to fix. There's absolutely no reason that any slicing software should be restricted to only using positive values, that's just silly.

You should send wanhao an email and ask they their printer is unable to use any retractions during the first few layers of the print due to this silly limitation

Return to “Feature Requests”