Derrick

Toolhead Offset

I am using an Ord Rovapaste and trying to do a dual extruder print. The "default" toolhead offsets in S3D when selecting this printer model sets T1 to X63.815 Y-1.24. However, through trial and error by manually manipulating the gcode, I've determined the offset to be X66.1 and Y-1.0. I changed this in the Tools > Options > Machine tab, but when I generate a print and save the gcode, it seems the system ignores my values and puts the default in still. Is there a checkbox or something I'm missing somewhere here? Obviously I can continue to fix this manually but I do not want to have to.
S3D_Toolheadoffset_panel.png
S3D_Toolheadoffset_gcode.png
andrewk72

Re: Toolhead Offset

Have you checked your starting script to see if it has a hard-coded M218 value?
Derrick

andrewk72 wrote:Have you checked your starting script to see if it has a hard-coded M218 value?
Is that not what I showed in the SS of the gcode? If not, then not sure what you're referring to. If I manually change the M218 T1 code in the beginning of the gcode (shown in the second SS) to the proper values, the printer prints properly.
Heutinck

are not those values on the machine tab the values read from the printer firmware. I think the offsets in the gcode are the ones from the preferences in the profiles under the gcode tab. also under that tab do you have the update machine settings checked to write the correct values into the firmware?
Derrick

Heutinck wrote:are not those values on the machine tab the values read from the printer firmware. I think the offsets in the gcode are the ones from the preferences in the profiles under the gcode tab. also under that tab do you have the update machine settings checked to write the correct values into the firmware?
There is a duplicate setting in the print profile gcode tab (that was previously set to the wrong "default" values for the printer), but adjusting these values in each profile also does not seem to be fixing the issue, either.

edit: the printer is not connected to the computer I am using S3D on, so the firmware in no way could be the issue, as the printer uses the M218 command hardcoded in the gcode.
dorsai3d

The machine definition just tells Simplify3D about your machine. If you need to update your toolhead offsets, you'll need to edit those M218 values, which are probably in your start script, on the Scripts tab of the settings.
Derrick

dorsai3d wrote:The machine definition just tells Simplify3D about your machine. If you need to update your toolhead offsets, you'll need to edit those M218 values, which are probably in your start script, on the Scripts tab of the settings.
This worked, thanks! It's unnecessarily confusing to have so many redundant options scattered across the program, while only one does anything!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”