killonious
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:51 pm

Multi Layering for a mug

Hello. I'm trying to print a solid object as a mug. To do this I'm printing zero infill and top layers zero. The object prints well except for one spot. Since I have top layers set to zero, there is a spot on the mug that the object is horizontal and does not print so there is a hole in the mug.


To fix this I tried to use multi 3d printing processes. The first process has the bottom and top layers set to 4. The following process has the bottom and top set to zero layers. I set them up to stop and start at the same level. The problem is, the sliced image shows a top layer where the processes switch. Is there anyway to set this up so my mug is completely hollow and I don't have holes where my object goes horizontal?
Attachments
IMG_5531.JPG
Last edited by killonious on Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Multi Layering for a mug

Can you hollow out the 3D model so that it's a shell? That way you wouldn't have to set infill to 0%, and you could just use support structures to support that one small overhang

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”