NitroXpress

Printing Speed Options

Dear Simplify Team,

I really love the GUI, workflow and slicing speed of S3D !
But unfortunately I have to say, that I'm dissapointed about the new 3.1 Update.

I BEG YOU : Refine the printing speed options !

Instead of a percentage from default printing speed, please make seperate speed values (mm/sec) for:

outermost perimeters
inner perimeters
small perimeters (small holes)
infill
first layer
top layer

Regards,

Frank
theDiver

Re: Printing Speed Options

+1 from me.

That would be very nice.
Count_Carstein

Tweak geek here +1
NitroXpress

Partially solved...
HexHyte

+1!!

Make it happen please!
zemlin

Another thing that would be nice is if the speed for outermost perimeters could be reduced some distance BEFORE the nozzle moves to the outside (I normally print from inside out). When speed is reduced at the same time as the move to the outer layer, latent pressure in the nozzle causes over extrusion for some distance at the start of the outermost perimeter resulting in a thicker wall for maybe 8-10mm on the part. I'd like to have the print speed slow down that 8-10mm before it finishes the last inner perimeter outline so when the outer perimeter starts the extrusion has already stabilized.
blaknite7

+1 from me!
KC_703

Isn't this just some simple math?

100*[(Required Speed) / (Default Speed)] = % to be entered in each speed setting

@ zemlin - If you haven't figured a workaround, try the "Coast" parameter under the extruder? It specifies a distance to stop extruding before the end of the loop. I use .2 for my printer and it works great.
alsaibie

+1 Here.

If a specific speed works for the first layer on the bed for example, I would just like to keep it and not have to tune it for every printing speed. High Quality or Low quality speed prints, all I need is for the first layer of the raft to stick and that can be done at a fixed speed, not a percentage of printing speed.

A "set and forget" type of setting.
Vince

On the topic of print speed, I did put in a request for speed governed by flow rate (mm^3/sec).
Repetier have just done this as its great for flexible filament. There is no need for different speeds for perimeters etc, just one flow rate.
When printing flexible filament the plastic flow rate is critical. To fast and the filament will kink.
So in the current software, if you set a speed that works, then double layer height the flow rate will double and- jammed extruder.

My request had no comments so far. Guess i didnt explain well.

Return to “Feature Requests”