kpkpkp
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:59 pm

Retraction turned off... but still retracting?

I have retraction turned off in the "Extruder" tab, and the two other retraction options turned off in the "Advanced" tab. However, the printer is still retracting between layers. Am I missing a setting?

Background: This is a big problem for printing this water tight object, as the seam formed by the perimeter paths sometimes have small holes. If I randomize the seam, the holes are still significant enough that water eventually leaks through.

Regardless of any alternative solution, I think if I turn retraction off, it shouldn't be doing it - either I am missing a setting, or this is a bug.

Thanks for your help.
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Retraction turned off... but still retracting?

Do you have the "force retraction between layers" option enabled on the Advanced tab?

If not, then you'll probably have to attach your factory file if you want any more help

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”