user898
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:21 am

Improperly printed last layers

Hi,

The last layer never prints correctly for this (attached) model. The model does not have any manifold errors.
Notice how their is a void under the last 3 layers where extrusion begins?
Print error
Print error
I have tried all of the following and more:

[*] 100% infill
[*] 30 perimeter shells
[*] Turned off all retractions

The material is PLA. Print speed has been done at 40mm/s up to 70mm/s.

Nothing seems to fix the problem.

Here's the model:
test top.stl
STL Model
(26.84 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Can someone please suggest how to slice this right using Simplify3D?

The model prints perfectly fine using Craftware but that software is missing some features I need which simplify3d has. Or maybe I'm just used to Simplify3D.

Thanks in advance.
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Improperly printed last layers

It would probably help more if you posted your factory file (File > Save Factory File)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”