Derrick

Alternative to M218

I am using a Hyrel3D Engine; my intent is to print with multiple nozzles. Their printers have a built-in computer system, and the software used to run the machine will not accept M218 commands. But the printer's firmware is Repetier, which generally recognizes M218. I checked the box "Apply toolhead offsets to G-code coordinates" in the G-Code tab in the FFF settings window, thinking this would hard code the toolhead offsets. This, however, did not appear to do anything. Checking this box or not resulting in identical gcode files.
Hyrel toolhead offsets option.png
Is there an alternative to M218? Or a way to hard code the coordinate offsets in the G1 commands?
CompoundCarl

Re: Alternative to M218

Probably because you haven't entered your toolhead offsets correctly (see the options straight to the right of that checkbox in your picture)
Derrick

Re: Alternative to M218

CompoundCarl wrote:Probably because you haven't entered your toolhead offsets correctly (see the options straight to the right of that checkbox in your picture)
Thank you for your reply.
Toolhead T0 offset shouldn't be 0...? No, they are all set correctly, or at least as close as I could measure by hand with a caliper - for T1, T2 and T3 which actually have offsets. In addition to the toolhead offsets <roughly> properly set in the Profile's "Gcode" tab, they are also set in the Profile's "Extruder" and "Scripts" tab, and the machine's settings options. T3, for instance, I have set to 133 mm, and all of the T3 G1 moves are as if the T3 offsets are 0.00x0.00.
I have a set of calibration stls to run to properly set the toolhead offsets to the nearest 0.1 mm after giving it a run, but as of now, I cannot even run the calibration file.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”