Zagmac92

Re: Tip of the Day 8- Scripts tab, G-Code

JATMN wrote:I want to move that to the top though and manipulate it.
Did you ever get an answer to this?
lasersharkdesign

Is there a replacement variable [] for layer height? I like to do a custom priming of the nozzle before a print starts, and as I increase nozzle and layer size, what worked for a .35mm nozzle is not working well for a .8mm E3D Volcano nozzle with a .6mm layer height. I'd prefer not to have to change the script manually each time.
blaknite7

arnljot wrote:
blaknite7 wrote: G1 X0 Y40 F4000 ; move to wait for temperatures
{IF NEWTOOL=0}M104 S165 T1; set T1, inactive extruder to 165 C
{IF NEWTOOL=0}M109 S205 T0; Set T0, new active extruder to T0 Temperature and wait for it to reach temperature before proceeding.
{IF NEWTOOL=1}M104 S165 T0; Cool T0 to 165
{IF NEWTOOL=1}M109 S205 T1; set T1, Heat T1 to T1 Temperature
I've taken the liberty to create a Wanhao compatible script and post it over at thingiverse. You can see it here
Thanks for setting up some scrips for everyone on thingiverse, I've been printing with the script for some time now and it makes quite a difference for oozing and what not. As a side note I've found that you can get away with a "cool down" temperature between 175-185 for PLA which saves some time on the print if you have a lot of tool changes.

For others who are going to use the script keep in mind you may want to move the location of head when it parks for the temperature stabilization. I tend to use an "X0" with some value of "Y" when possible because the head position will shift slightly for each park due to the nozzle offset.

That might be a good update to the script when we have time, I think it would go something like this though I haven't tried it, so use with caution:

; ******* Tool chance script start *******
{IF NEWTOOL=0} G1 X0 Y40 F4000; Move out of the way while it stabilises active tool temp.
{IF NEWTOOL=1} G1 X-34 Y40 F4000; Shifted park position for left nozzle.
{IF NEWTOOL=0}; RIGHT Extruder is active (T0)
{IF NEWTOOL=0}M104 S165 T1; Cool inactive extruder to 165c (T1)
{IF NEWTOOL=0}M109 S210 T0; Heat active extruder to 210c (T0).
{IF NEWTOOL=1}; LEFT Extruder is active (T1)
{IF NEWTOOL=1}M104 S165 T0; Cool inactive extruder to 165c (T0)
{IF NEWTOOL=1}M109 S210 T1; Heat active extruder to 210c (T1).
; ******* Tool chance script end *******

If someone has time to try it let us know if it works!
InoTek3D

This is some very helpful information on tool changes, thanks.

My questions is:
Is there something I can add to the G-Code that will make my nozzle move up and away cleanly from the part without leaving a nozzle tip mark (Dot) in the top layer? I've never seen this issue with any of the free slicer software I've used before. I don't understand why this one can't finish a layer cleanly.

I tried adding a code to make it quickly lift as soon as it was finished with the last layer and it makes a vertical string of material stuck to the top face.
Without anything added to the coding I get a nozzle imprint on each layer of a multi layered print too.

Seems like it should be a raise & retract at the same time. Maybe even wiping sideways while doing this motion. I'm just not sure how to code this action.
Maybe there is a better solution.

Thanks in advance for the help!!
DarthRevan

Wiping + Retract during wipe movement is what you're looking for. (Wipe can be turned on in the extruder tab, and retract during wipe is in the advanced tab)
InoTek3D

DarthRevan wrote:Wiping + Retract during wipe movement is what you're looking for. (Wipe can be turned on in the extruder tab, and retract during wipe is in the advanced tab)
Yes, I have both of these selected and for some reason it still leaves little tip marks on each separate horizontal layer for some reason. It's driving me nuts.
KeyboardWarrior

InoTek3D wrote:
DarthRevan wrote:Wiping + Retract during wipe movement is what you're looking for. (Wipe can be turned on in the extruder tab, and retract during wipe is in the advanced tab)
Yes, I have both of these selected and for some reason it still leaves little tip marks on each separate horizontal layer for some reason. It's driving me nuts.
Have you tried lowering your print temperature slightly?
InoTek3D

I am trying to use this "IF" statement and it is working great however when I switch to a new tool I want to not only change the temperatures of both nozzles, I also want to retract the filament in the "Old Tool".

The problem is the only way I see to do this is to have an IF-ELSE statement. I wonder if this is possible.

Unless there is a way to be in the "Active" tool and retract from the "Non-Active" tool.
It seems I have to switch to the "Non-Active" tool to do the retraction and then back to the "Active" tool. Which works fine for the first tool, but the 2nd tool if it was the "Active" one then it messes up because it changes to the wrong one for the rest of the script.

Is there a way to specify which tool you want to retract at the end of the retract statement?
Or can I use and IF-ELSE statement?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
InoTek3D

I think I figured out my solution.
I forgot there is a retract at tool change that can be adjusted.

It would still be nice to know if there is a possibility of using and else-if statement though
dorsai3d

Don't think there's any if-else functionality, but there is both IF NEWTOOL and IF OLDTOOL, so you can set up a lot of things that way. You can have a script for each tool's deactivation using IF OLDTOOL, and each tool's activation using IF NEWTOOL.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”