Vince
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:22 am

Small features being ignored

Hi All.
Have already searched for answer to this and non found. I have seen the printing guide that says features that are close to nozzle size may get ignored but i dont think its that.
I was trying to design a webbing buckle for a bike rack that had some small triangular teeth. They started off about 0.5 mm but I have been increasing the size (now 1.5x1.5) and they are still ignored. Have reset process to have 0.3 nozzle and they are still ignored.
I have made a small cube of 0.5mm sides and this slices ok (not actually trying to print that).
Why will it slice a cube of 0.5mm sides but ignore teeth on a part that are now 1.5mm?
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Small features being ignored

Sounds like you may have a problem with the 3D model. Have you tried checking it using the S3D repair tools? Maybe you can post your factory file?
Vince
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:22 am

Re: Small features being ignored

I figured out was happening. I was rotating the part to be flat with the bed but not'arranging' it after, therefore the first layers (which included the teeth) was below the bed and were not slicing.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”