print3D_online
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Strange Slicer Output.

I created a part in Fusion 360 and exported it as an .stl file. It looks exactly as expected in the main Simplify3d view, but the preview is a different story:
main.PNG
main.PNG (31.37 KiB) Viewed 922 times
preview.PNG
preview.PNG (71.4 KiB) Viewed 922 times
I tried slicing the same file in Cura and gcode preview doesn't have this problem. Any idea what could I be doing wrong in Simplify3D? Thanks.
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Strange Slicer Output.

Most likely a problem with your STL file where you didn't properly boolean together the 2 surfaces. Either run the STL through a repair service or make a proper solid model in the original CAD package
print3D_online
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Re: Strange Slicer Output.

Both of your suggestions worked. Thank you!
CompoundCarl wrote:Most likely a problem with your STL file where you didn't properly boolean together the 2 surfaces. Either run the STL through a repair service or make a proper solid model in the original CAD package

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”