merciero
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:32 pm

Cannot save to .x3g when using 2 color prints

Hi,

I cannot save to .x3g when using 2 color prints:

I worked on a project with 2 .stl files, basically following this tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPufaJhyqME

Now, when I select
"Prepare to Print!"
and select the 2 processes "Color1" and "Color2"
and then "Save Toolpath to Disk"

=> I get a popup with title "Save G-Code Output".
When i save the file, i only get a .gcode file and not .x3g

If I only do one color at a time, everything is fine.
Is this normal? What's the best way to deal with this situation?
CompoundCarl
Posts: 2005
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 am

Re: Cannot save to .x3g when using 2 color prints

It works fine for me. Are you using version 3.1.0? Did you make sure to select the correct machine profile in the dual extrusion wizard?
merciero
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:32 pm

Re: Cannot save to .x3g when using 2 color prints

Thanks for the response. After fighting with this for a bit, I ended up reseting my software and was able to get things working afterwards.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”