ServiceXp

Monoprice Select Mini Slicing Problems

I just got a new MP Select Mini; loaded the profile in S3D 3.1.0, grabbed a model, sliced it up in S3D, loaded it on mSD card, inserted into printer, selected the file under SD card and all it does is sit on the print screen. When attempting to cancel the print, most of the time it locks up the printer.

If I used one of the included models from the provided mSD card it prints them.

I dropped the .gcode files on my OneDrive below, The cat.gcode was provided, and the Keychain is what S3D produced.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Au3gzKAQDK0wgZQY5HY0v9z-uZ-hZA

Hopefully someone can see what the problem might be.
RJ_Make
kabali16

Re: Monoprice Select Mini Slicing Problems

RJ, The keychain file is printing well on my MP Select Mini. Did you try printing via SD card ?
Kabali daww!!
Prusa i3 | Kossel
Simplify3D | Cura | Repetier Host | Octoprint
ServiceXp

kabali16 wrote:RJ, The keychain file is printing well on my MP Select Mini. Did you try printing via SD card ?
Yes from the mSD card. This is strange why it's not working for me. Is there a way to determine the printers firmware version? Maybe there has been a change...
RJ_Make
kabali16

I dont think the printer's firmware version matters. So, are you having problems when printing via usb ? Is your machine connected fine , check the MCP comm log.
Kabali daww!!
Prusa i3 | Kossel
Simplify3D | Cura | Repetier Host | Octoprint
ServiceXp

I have not tried printing via USB, only SD card. I will try that tonight.
RJ_Make
ServiceXp

Well I tried USB printing and it worked, so I tried the sd card yet again and your not going to believe this, it now works. I mean everything I throw at it, it now just works...

Technology is going to be the death of me yet...

Thanks for your help!
RJ_Make
CompoundCarl

I've had similar experiences when an SD card started going bad, or the SD card reader was failing. It's fairly common unfortunately, so if you keep having intermittent issues, I'd probably try a new SD card or look at replacing the SD card reader
denix

I was having the same issue and after a lot of experimenting it happened to be caused by platform temperature setting in Simplify 3D. Once I removed platform temperature from the default Monoprice Select Mini profile, it started printing just fine.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”