So where's the difference to what i wrote?
I'll say it again..... there is actually no underextrusion. The only change is the height of the nozzle!!! Exactly the same amount of plastic is extruded.
So where's the difference to what i wrote?
I never said there was a visible indication of underextrusion. I said I'm not sure if the preview shows underextrusion at all.dkightley wrote: I'll say it again..... there is actually no underextrusion. The only change is the height of the nozzle!!! Exactly the same amount of plastic is extruded.
So... where's the difference between:parallyze wrote:I'm not sure if the g code preview shows underextrusion.
andparallyze wrote: As you can see the preview always draws preview lines with a certain "thickness". I'd say it's just the way it is shown which may lead to think it's underextrusion. But if a layer is only 0,04mm (like it's the case with 20%) the preview somehow has to display this properly - hence the first layer
is drawn a bit lower.
dkightley wrote: As a first layer height under 100% results in the amount of plastic being extruded not being reduced, the simulation draws the layer height as the same as if it was 100%, but...and an important but...the simulated layer is drawn at a lower height so that the top is at the reduced height. The layer is consequently drawn part above the bed....and part below the bed.