mroschk

How to print this?

Hello,

have you any Tip, how to print this small pice ?

Thanks
Attachments
Teil1.STL
(213.27 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
horst.w

Re: How to print this?

Small pieces like this are always very difficult to print.

Upright like shown, but minimum 4 times the same, every piece with a position on a cicle of 10 cm diameter. That is needed to win time for cooling and stabilizing the print.

Standard-support 1 mm column, slow speed ( ~ 40 mm/s max), distance 0,3 horizontal,
brim / skirt are needed, 2 layers, 10 perimeters, distance 0,05 mm (for better peeling off)
nozzle max 0,40 mm, Extrusion max 0,40 mm (better 0,25 mm),

Retract, perimeters boddem- and toplayers you must see what happens.

horst.w, GER
mroschk

Hello Horst,

thanks for the Answer.
But since i am a very Beginner not only in 3D printing, bit also in S3D i ned to know what i have to set up where in S3D, sorry.

Nozzle is set to 0.35 also Extrusion. The outside of my Prints are very nice.
Speed was set to 70, i will set it to 40.

But i do not really understand this line:
Standard-support 1 mm column, slow speed ( ~ 40 mm/s max), distance 0,3 horizontal,

Where must i set this?

Matthias ( also from GER :-) )
horst.w

Hi Kumpel,

it is very easy!

You need support (check on the box, open the Support-Tab)

S3d offers 2 possibilitys : automatical and manual Support

For the automatical version, there is nearly nothing to do, the 1 mm column is given.

The printers, the kind of material and even the material spool to spool are very different to handle. Just try it!
For beginners it is obligate to read this: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2367
and when there are problems, read this: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... eshooting/
but it is strongly recommended to beginn with "Test-Cubes" and "Thin-Wall-Objects" e.g. to learn and collect experiances. Your project is very ambitious.

Here: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/ and also in YouTube you will find a lot of informations and videos to solve any problems.

If wished, you can send me a PN

horst
mroschk

Hello,

because it is so small i changed the Model a bit ( see attached Pictures ), so i Need no Support except in the Little 4mm holes.

The Problem are the esurements, they are not the same then These i have given the model in SolidWorks.
In the attached Pictures you will find the Mesures i give in SolidWorks in RED Color and the one i get from the Model after i print it in BLUE.

The biggest Problem here are the Holes whicht should be 3mm and 4mm. The 3mm are only 2.2mm and the 4mm are only 3.2mm.
That is a big difference in such a small model.

Can you please help what to do here?
I also attached the FFF and Factory file i used for printing.

Thanks
Matthias
Attachments
Switch.factory
(10.5 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
Soll.JPG
Ist.JPG
horst.w

...you mean : esurements >>> mesurements ?

That's a well known problem! Generally!

Please create a factory-file (File > Save as ...) and attache it here.

H.
mroschk

Hello,

it is attached in the Post before.

Matthias
horst.w

Hi Matthias,

I'am sorry about the factory-file, I havn't seen it a little bit cached in the background of the pic.

Are you sure with the multiplier 1.0? I need for ABS max 0.92 - 0.94 by messuring the filament very exactly (2.83 when named 2.85 mm) It varies always +/- 0.05 mm.

In the OTHER-tab you have choosen a horizontal correction +0,10 mm
Have a look to the pic, I have demonstrated how this correction is working (example left: + 0,30 mm and right: - 0,30 mm)

All other values seem ok, but I prefere a ExtrusionWidth normally greater than the nozzle diameter.

You have calibrated your printer? Test it by printing test-cubes of 20-20-20 mm also with a hole in the center. And a printed filament of 100 mm must have exactly 100 mm and also the right width (0,35 mm) of your settings.

When all changes are not succesful, it needs to change the construction, for the 3.0 mm-hole e.g. to 3,2 mm inside and the outside-diameter to 6.8 instead 7.0. You must try it out.

horst

Annex
what's the matter for the Offset -0,20mm ?
Attachments
Schalter.jpg
mroschk

Hi Horst,

no Problem about the factory file.

The Offset is to bring the nozzle 0.2mm near to the bed....it seams to work.

You write about clibrating the Printer. I read about that i have to do that, and also i tried tha, but i dont know exactly what i have to Change if the test-cube are not correct? There are so much of Setting you can Change and i dont know exactly what i have to Change.

I will print a test-cube with a 5mm hole again and post the results tomorrow.

Maybe we can connect by Skype ( STF-DIR )

Greets Matthias

Ps...just shortly printed a test cube 20x20x5 with a 5mm hole in the middle.
It is printed 19.6x20.2x4.8 and the hole is only 4.5mm

Ok and what exactly have i to Change now?

Matthias
horst.w

Thats the best! http://reprap.org/wiki/Triffid_Hunter's ... n_Guide/de

A lot of threads about this, here. http://forums.reprap.org/index.php?236
also videos on YT
and advices to find in www.thingiverse.com also as calibration-objects

Your offset
The normal distance between bed and nozzle is roundabout 0,15 mm, just the thickness of a paper sheet of DIN A 4 90 gr/m².
When your FirstLayer is sticking well on bed, the offset of -0,20 mm is not a problem, it is only unusual.

Skype is fine but I havn't it. And I have no experiences with calibrating a printer. I'm owner of a truly Ready-to-print Mankati
This weekend I'm out of range - visiting GB-Manchester

regards
Horst

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”