m2tts

Multiple Processes on One Model

I'm attempting to print a model that can benefit from coarse layer height until it crowns where I want to use a finer layer height. I know how to apply the different processes to do this, but the processes don't merge well. The coarse process will still add "top" layers before it stops at the intended height of the transition to the next process; but this is not the top of the model. I can't not have the coarse process have top layers as there is wall thickness that it needs to maintain for certain features of the model. Is this a bug or is this intended behavior? Seems the slicing should be considering the geometry and not think that one process is one complete model.
CompoundCarl

Re: Multiple Processes on One Model

Personally, I've always found that the extra solid layers between the processes help bond them together, which can be very useful if you're switching settings at that location. But if you want to disable it, then just set the top solid layers to zero for the bottom process.
m2tts

Re: Multiple Processes on One Model

CompoundCarl wrote:But if you want to disable it, then just set the top solid layers to zero for the bottom process.
As I explained, I need to have those layers being created for wall thickness reasons. Guess I need to make this a feature request.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”