yonkiman

Re: Programmed Pause

+1 for pausing at a height and/or a layer.
Drafting AZ

+1
This would be very handy to have program pause at X mm height so that embedded objects can be placed into the print.
It would reach height, pause print, retract to clearance distance, and then prompt user to press key on front to continue printing.
(This last part would be a little harder to program because of all of the different printers out there. But an alternate would be this function would only be available if you were USB cord printing. Therefor have a button on the Machine Control Panel to continue printing after the pause.)
aaronbarker

+1
marcin

While pause you could insert foreign objects into the print (like a nut or something) and then continue printing. The idea is really worth implementing and it should not be that difficult as there is already a plugin for Cura to do such:
https://github.com/philtgarner/pauseAtZprb
brian442

marcin wrote:While pause you could insert foreign objects into the print (like a nut or something) and then continue printing.
S3D already has a way to do this. Look at earlier posts in this thread.

For example, to pause at layer 50, just add the following to your post-processing script
{REPLACE "; layer 50," "M0\n; layer 50,"}

That will add an M0 command right at the start of layer 50, and the S3D team added this feature so that the print will automatically pause when that command is encountered. This only works for gcode machines obviously, but I've used it many times to insert a nut into the print or something like that.
ChristianCooper

[quote="Broncosis"]{REPLACE "; layer 3" ";move away and pause \nG1 Z10 F1800 \nG1 Y10 X10 F3000 \nM0 \nG28 X \nG92 E0 \nG1 E-1.7500 F900 \n; layer 3"}

Thanks for this rock-star level reply!
audryhome

+1
brian442

It is already possible to pause at a specific layer automatically. Read the post above:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5128&start=10#p28933

I've used this at many prints to automatically pause in certain locations
JLeithauser

+1

I understand that this is technically possible using G-code in the Script tab, but a built-in option in the GUI would be a great feature to have.
kemp-d-p

I have done the replace feature, but it would be much nicer if they added this as a setting. If there was a way to "pause at "X" to insert object" and a "pause at "X" to change filament. That would be really nice to have both options

Return to “Feature Requests”