isacat
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:24 pm

color change mid print

I have the Prusa I3 Mk2, I found out that Prusa Research rewrote the M600 gcode, it will do the following steps:

- Stop moving and retract
- Raise the Z by 2 mm and move quickly outside the printbed
- Unload the current filament
- LCD panel will ask you to insert the new filament and confirm when it’s done
- After the initial loading of the filament you will get three options on the LCD 1) Everything is correct and printing may continue 2) Filament didn’t load, try again 3) Extrude a bit more if the color is still tinted by the previous one
- After confirming, printer returns to the original position and continues to print.

Now I made 2 Processes, one will stop at 1,2mm layer hight, the second process will start printing again at 1,2mm layer hight.

Where do I have to insert the M600 code in the script so I can swap the filament during this print process?
brian442
Posts: 1243
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:35 am

Re: color change mid print

Same question was asked in the topic right next to yours
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6725&p=29237#p29188
isacat
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:24 pm

Re: color change mid print

thanks for the link but it's still not clear for me ...
So I made 2 procceses, 1. nummerplaat and 2. letters

Image

both processes are having there own starting script and Ending script, does this mean that the printer start first process 1 "nummerplaat" do the starting script and ones process 1 is done it will do the ending script? ( in my case turn off heatbed ) and then it will heat again the heatbed because it's in the starting script of process 2.
If I am right here, where do I need to please the M600 code? in the ending script of process 1?
brian442
Posts: 1243
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:35 am

Re: color change mid print

No, you put the M600 in the post-processing script so it gets added before a specific layer. The exact command is already in the other thread linked above.

So watch the preview, decide what layer you want to pause at, then add the post-processing command from the other thread to BOTH of your processes (so they both know you want to insert the M600 at that layer).

You should not be editing any of the starting or ending scripts
wirlybird
Posts: 1374
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Re: color change mid print

How about just using the ColorPrint app they have? Works great. I have used it with Slic3r and S3D G-Code.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”