codexmas

Object spacing, patterns, groups

Lets just say that the default spacing can be considered "safe" when using the Center and Arrange.

It would be nice to have the distance parts are separated be configurable, to reduce travel and allow for denser plates without having to manipulate everything manually.

Secondly, it would be FANTASTIC to have the ability to specify the pattern, so instead of just a grid, you could choose circular, linear, or staggered like bricks.
This option would be especially useful if you could arrange parts by groupings, so that one set of small parts could be printed offset for example, not in a perfect grid.

Love S3D, thanks for the great work!
kpawel

Re: Object spacing, patterns, groups

+1 for ALL
Really NEED it to fully use sequential printing!
TekMason

+1 that

It is tedious to print really small parts and with a denser build plate.

TM
mbuc

+1, definitely needed for sequential printing. Should be able to put in toolhead sizes and offsets like in Cura.
kkesler

+1 Center and arrange should also be configurable so that the parts are arranged in order.
Example: I'm trying to print 20 identical small parts sequentially. Current automatic arrangement puts the order all over the place
MattOlsen

+1
Like all things Simplify3D, a configurable part offset would be great. Numerical offset distance at the least, I also agree with the other comments made here, especially the tedious and laborious efforts needed to optimize a full build plate. I think a lot of this could benefit and be improved by a simple, configurable part offset distance parameter.

I love Simplify3D, don't want to go back to the FreeWare. Great job on all your improvements and updates.
Cheers!

Return to “Feature Requests”