jonsnow43

regular marks on outline perimeter for "circular" parts

Hello everybody,

I have a strange problem with some kind of printed parts. When I print parts like a cylinder, a tower, anything with circular shape, I have a line of points on the outside perimeter, sometimes it is a random set of points, one or two per layer. I have pictures of that:

I tried everything with the retraction distance, coasting, wipe, printing inline perimeter before the outline, always the same result. When I print a cube, I have nothing like that on the surface. It seems to happen each time the printer comes from the infill to the perimeter because for the first part I have 2marks per layer (can't see on the picture it's behind)

If you have already experienced that kind of problem, I would really appreciate some advices .

Thank you !
brian442

Re: regular marks on outline perimeter for "circular" parts

Those are just your start points. So it looks like you need to tweak your retraction settings. I would follow the advice here:
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... s-and-zits
jonsnow43

Thanks Brian442 for your help

I already tried with an extra restart distance of -0.2mm and I didn't notice any difference. I'll try with higher value and tell you the results.
horst.w

The Print-Direction is Inside-Out ? If not, you have found one of the possibilities for this.

Please attache your FACTORY-File here.

Regards
horst.w , GER
jonsnow43

I tried out-in but it doesn't change anything.

Otherwise I always use in-out.

Here is my Factory file:
PLA.fff
(8.56 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
best regards
Vincent F
horst.w

Fehlermeldung.jpg

... I'm sorry but I can't import the fff

H.
dkightley

Here is my Factory file:
PLA.fff
Vincent

Note this is not a factory file. It is a .fff file...the exported print profile.

A factory file is created by using the "Save factory File as" on the File dropdown menu. Load your model(s) and profile(s) you use and select the save option. This then gives everything needed to allow diagnosis and/or advice to be given.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
SHoutzager

Is it "just" the sides of objects? Do the top and bottom layers look just fine? I had a similar issue and my up and down movement was not smooth for my printer. I had added on an after market part and it caused the z to bind slightly. It was just enough to give randoms blobs on the sides. :|
jonsnow43

Sorry for the mistake :oops:

horst.w I always had this message when launching simplify and I just click on OK and it opens, don't know why ...

Sorry dkightley here is the right factory file:
test.factory
(55.43 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
SHoutzager bottom layers are really smooth and shiny and no problem with top layers too. I have the "old version" of prusa i3 with only 5mm threaded rod and anti-wobble system (no 8mm trapezoidal rod). If it was a mechanical issue, it think it would also happen on square parts and in my case it's only with circular parts...

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”