tingle3003

Vase-Mode and Bottom Solid Layers

Dear Simplify Community!

I want to print an object in the "Single outline corkscrew printing mode" aka the Vase-Mode.
Everything is good so far, printing would work and quality is fine.
The option "merge all outlines into a single solid model" is selected btw.

BUT: I cant manage to print the bottom ring as it is in the original object.
Either way it is completely gone (Bottom Solid Layer = 0) or I can add some "Bottom Solid Layers" - which makes a whole filled Layer - not just the ring.

Technically I would assume it doesnt matter if the Bottom Layer is filling the whole space between the object or would just print an ring.
So my QUESTION:

How do I manage to print in Vase-Mode, have some Bottom-Layers - but just as an ring - as in the attachment seen?

Hope you can help.
Best
Peter
Attachments
4_should.jpg
3_bot3.jpg
2_bot0.jpg
brian442

Re: Vase-Mode and Bottom Solid Layers

It would be easier to give suggestions if you posted your factory file
tingle3003

Yes - see link for it (File is too big for an direct attachment)

http://peterschwartz.de/Uploads/VaseMod ... ng.factory
horst.w

I'm sure, this is not possible; You must have a constructive solution like I have done it for the pic.

You must regard to the Wall thickness is printabel with one perimeter. My examble is not printable with a 0.40 mm nozzle, I must reduce to 0.35 (or thicken the wall)
It is running also in Vase-Mode as normal print with only one perimeter.

Regards
horst.w, GER
ConstructionRingVase.jpg
tingle3003

Thank you very much for your answer!

I tried to get same result as you. Creating an Modell with an Wall-Thickness of 1mm, putting the extrusion width also to 1mm.
As long as I dont put "Merge all out Outlines into on single model" (Advanced Tab), I get the same result.

BUT: If you look at the Preview of the print - the extruder isnt doing full circles - it changes direction on half.

So if I check "Merge all out Outlines into on single model" it does full circles (as needed) but the ring at the bottom is missing.
Could you please check the Preview and how the extruder behaves - with "Merge all out Outlines into on single model" and without?

Thanks in advance.
Best
Peter
horst.w

Hi,

Merge doesn't run. Infill > 0 Perimeters 1 to 5 are also printed 1 to 5 but the Bottom is always closed.

Attached my model (a new one, the last one is deleted) to play with ;) ;)
diameter > 80 mm; wall 0,40
High > 60 mm
Inner ring dia >80/>50 (open) high > 3 mm

tested with "Normal-print" 1 perimeter, also 5 perimeters, bottom and top layers 5 >>> ok
tested with VaseMode cause that Infill will be zero, so only the bottom will be print and no top layers, it stays a inner wall with the high of the bottom. Only solution for this is to set the number of bottom layers to more than 20 (3.0 / .015 ...), than the bottom will be filled up.

Regards
horst
EW040 B5T5.jpg
VaseMode.jpg
VaseMode-Bottom.jpg
tingle3003

Sounds good so far. But could you please check in the Preview if the extruder moves constantly in an circle (like in the attachment) or does it changes direction on half?
Attachments
spiral.png
spiral.png (22.77 KiB) Viewed 6911 times

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”