I've been using Sli3r for a few years but decided to invest in Simplify3D. Learning curve is easy.
I've been trying to print a simple empty cube to check extrusion/layers etc.
This is resulting in only the perimeter g-code being created (see attachment)
I really can't see anything obvious, so I've just gone for "Lucy Cat" as a print and this is running fine (about 1/3rd way through) the 1hr print. Not really the best to test the printer, but the ears will be interesting.
My printer is a self-made i3 with inductive sensor for Z. I'm using 3-point bedlevelling, configured in Marlin.
After a lot of digging around, I found that I needed:
To introduce the Z-offset.
Code: Select all
The attached G Code shows my start-up code.
Apart from that, it's a fairly boring i3 set-up. Z+ = up. Ramps 1.4, Gregs Extruder etc.
This is a strange one, but a bit annoying. I tried scaling the Z on the test model, but still no joy.