Binni1969

Re: Major bug, x-axis leaning to the right (positive)

Thanks for your support.
Leaning to x+ starts evenly with second layer.
Andre: if I print these rips one by one everything is fine..
Attached an aircraft body a little smaller in size, the issue is harder to see (nothing rectangular) but by comparing right and left part it is clearly visible.
Attachments
ho229a_body_frame6.zip
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 213 times
Binni1969

BTW at Leapfrog forum I was told to switch to an older build of simplify, which solved his similar problems?!
andre

Interesting. To be fair, I had (have) the same issue as you. I'll have parts that print with tilt to the left instead of to the right. I just had it happen this morning! But, this was using MakerWare. Actually, it happens with either slicer.

What I had been doing was updating my X-axis wiring. I suspect there is noise between the motor wiring and the end stop sensor. If you have access to the wiring, try to separate them so they do not cross each other at any point. See what happens...
J.koeleman

We're in the same boat.
Products sliced and printed by Simplify3d are leaning to the right.
products sliced by repetier (slic3r) and printed by simplify3d come out great...
Sounds like a software problem to me.
Lonestar9192

Hello, I also have the same issue. It started happening when I started using s3d.
The drift is in both the x and y axis at the same constant rate. My object is half inch high and the drift is 1/16 to 1/8 inch.
I tried slowing the printer, redoing the FFF process, and different objects. I got 1 good print out of 4. Using 2 different objects. The drift starts at close to the same place each time
Lonestar9192

I used the exact same stl file in both repetier and s3d and it works in repetier and not s3d
andre

I started to see this phenomenon happen in Makerware, just recently. I'm having a hard time blaming S3D, simply because the gcode and hence the x3g code does not show anything obvious layer by layer with X or Y positioning. On my system, the parts lean to the left.

I've also had the X lean to the left and the Y lean to the front on some prints.

I believe I have solved my problem by separating the X-endstop cable with my X-motor cable, eliminating crosstalk/noise. I'll keep folks posted.
Last edited by andre on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lonestar9192

Can you describe closer the cables and where they go? So I know which two
Garyhlucas

Having spent quite a bit of time on the Reprap forums and having done industrial wiring for most of my life I am a little amazed that some of what I see in pictures works at all! The tough part about electical noise is that it may be very difficult to identify, and even tougher to fix. My CNC/mill has every cable both power and signal shielded and properly grounded at just one common end. I also have two cabinets one for AC one for DC. All I know for sure is that over the years I haven't wasted much time on noise issues.
Gary H. Lucas
dmulheimer

Last edited by dmulheimer on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”