andre

Re: Version 2.1.0 is out...

How did you find out about this?
Any release notes?
Why is it that menu Help->Check For Updates states "Your Software is up to date" with 2.0.1 version?
Changelog lists only 2.0.1.

As you can see, none of this makes sense 8-)
rsilvers

First layer can now be more than 199%

Real brim now.

Shows build time, filament length, and material cost.

Live preview.

Preview mode now takes over the interface.

No need to name gcode each time.

Scale each axis independently.

Scale/position updated as you make the changes.

You can inflate the support so that it will actually work (I still think this should be automatic - if an overhang goes into a support grid location even a little, that location should be on by default).

MakerGear M2 profile updated.

You can set perimeter start points.

Speed still in mm/minute instead of mm/sec.

Honeycomb infill option would be nice.

I can live with this.
Last edited by rsilvers on Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
jimc

yes andre, that update checker has never worked for me either. i just happened to enter my code and download it to see what i got....low and behold an update came through....my lucky day i guess :lol:
andre

Well thanks for letting us know. I was pushing for that support-overage option and see it is now there! Made my day ;)

Can't wait to test this out.
tri-lite

Like the last time, we get a couple days to test and explore before the official notice. That's not a bad thing. :geek:
rsilvers

I did some tests. First I confirmed that they didn't really fix the support placement. It is as before. But the inflation does work fine as a kludge to deal with it.

Support at 2mm with 0.5mm inflation covers the object. If you don't have a fast machine and want to speed up slicing, then 3 or 4mm with 1mm inflation is good.

Why this could not have been automatic, I have no idea. Really they could have just always set it to 1mm and that would fix it for 99% of users.
jimc

one thing i have noticed over the past 8mos of watching feature requests here is one person wants one thing then another wants the same but another way, and so on. only way to really make everyone happy is to have the feature adjustable. now you know if they just set the inflation to 1mm someone would come along and bitch that its too big and it should be at .5. i do think its smart to make the values of everything customizable. if you like 1 or whatever i think you can just set it and forget it.
rsilvers

Support is already is adjustable by the overhang angle that defaults to 45 degrees. Beyond that, the software should ensure that any area that is under that angle has support under it - as other slicers do for a good reason.

Even if they keep the inflation setting, they should also do the real fix, which is probably just one line of code.
tmoore

Will the update install right on top of the old install or do you need to uninstall the prior version?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”