gseim

Where's the Small Perimeter Settings?

I have a Prusa MK2 and just cam over from Slic3r today to try out simplify3d because I wanted more print refining options. Really enjoying the faster printing, separable processes and better results overall.

The only big problem I'm having is small perimeters. In Slic3r we simply set the small perimeters speed and off we go. What am I missing? Some perimeters just can't handle the motion of the main main layers and I don't look good at all, see the attached photo.

This seems like such a basic feature, I must just be missing how to address it in Simplify. Some input would be cool. Thanks.
Attachments
FullSizeRender.jpg
gseim

Re: Where's the Small Perimeter Settings?

Based on lack of input and my own searching I'm guessing Simplify does not have this ability. This is a real concern to the ability to handle fine details in prints but I'm trying to find ways to deal with it for now. It looks like retraction may be a problem here causing the gaps. If we can't slow down the printing on the hole maybe changing retraction settings will be a workaround. If anyone has any tips please advise.
inventabuild

I agree small perimeters would be a nice setting. I wonder if issues like this could be mitigated to some extent by controlling the acceleration and jerk for the different print feature types? rrdavis gave some awesome code here regarding acceleration that shows this:

viewtopic.php?t=9375
zemlin

Have you looked at the Extra Restart under the retraction settings?

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”