imsmooth

new here. need to rotate

I just loaded my box STL into the program. It puts the "bottom" on the top. I have used the mouse to spin the box around. How do I get the top and bottom to flip? In other words, how do I rotate the other axis?

Thanks
TenKOhms

Re: new here. need to rotate

You can double click on the item and through the window that pops up (you can move it to the side if you want to see the model on the build platform) try adjusting either the X or Y rotation by 180 degrees and you should get a live preview of the rotational effect.
ta1dr

You can double click on the item and through the window that pops up (you can move it to the side if you want to see the model on the build platform) try adjusting either the X or Y rotation by 180 degrees and you should get a live preview of the rotational effect.
After "drop the table" ;)
RomeFallsAgain

When I did this, my model ended up underneath the grid.

I suspect "Drop The Table" has something to do with it.

So how do you "Drop The Table" ?

Answer in Version 3.0......

Use the Center And Arrange button
KiLLiN-TiMe

I have to rotate my files often in order to print how I would like to minimize supports and such.

Rotate it like they told you but then press "Edit" at the top of the screen and choose "Center and Arrange Models".

The wording my not be exact, I'm at work so I can't look, but it's something close to that.

That will drop the part on the bed and keep the orientation you picked. If you have more than one part it will arrange them so they fit on the print bed.

HTH,
KT

Got home and I was close enough you should get it. By the way "Ctrl + R" will do the same thing.
danielhenley

The easiest method is to press ctrl-L and chose a face on the model that you want to be flat on the build platform.
erniehatt

danielhenley wrote:The easiest method is to press ctrl-L and chose a face on the model that you want to be flat on the build platform.
Thanks for that little gem, I always go to netfabb, this is so much easier.
amarand

danielhenley wrote:The easiest method is to press ctrl-L and chose a face on the model that you want to be flat on the build platform.
Thank you!! Although it would be nice to know how to do this by other means, the CTRL-L worked perfectly for what I wanted to do!
Leeway

I think edit, Place surface on the bed is what I use most. Just click on the surface you want on the bed. You can then manipulate from there for the orientation.
Lee

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”