Earsmith

Re: My custom M2 profile

tomlombardi wrote:1.0.6 is really good, I've stopped falling back on Slic3r and Pronterface and I'm now using Creator exclusively. They've come a long way fast and I think if they keep it up this will be the only game in town.

Here is the latest profile I've been printing with.
Hi Tom.
Seen the stuff you printed in marathon mode and impressed with your and the M2's work. Had some doubts if the M2 was really the machine I expected but your and others from this forum have put it all to rest, thanks. If i can get away from learning and having to setup two applications its worth it. Will get Creator now.
tomlombardi

It's in a zip file and you'll have to uncompress it, this board won't allow a .fff extension so I zip them up. Please let me know if that was the problem.
Tom
tomlombardi

I'm not getting nice holes with "firmware supports G2/G3 commands" selected, I've unchecked this and checked "enable arc compensation" and I'm now getting more accurate holes. My test piece has 3,5 and 7mm holes which still print undersized by about .25mm. This is nothing new when it comes to 3d FFF printing, I've always compensated for this and other fit issues when designing a part.

I've included the zipped profile I'm now using.
Tom
M2_custom.fff.zip
Mar. 31 2013 Profile
(1.37 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
mathisyourfriend

I think I figured it out (my brother actually). Printing 2nd 7mm wrench in preparation for M2 day.
mathisyourfriend

I think it was Mr Garrison who said: "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." I kept trying to open a hasselblad raw photo file or something (.fff). My brother (graphic designer) told me I was way off and I figured it out. Thanks for the settings and 7mm wrench file.
davew_tx

what is M2 day?
mathisyourfriend

M2 day!!! It's like opening day (today for the Sox!) and xmas rolled together.
(The day my M2 arrives.)
davew_tx

I waited about 11 weeks for mine.

I thought there was some kind of M2 flash mob print day or something.

I wonder how many units they have sold.
tomlombardi

I've been printing quite a lot with my M2. Here's my SDCreator 1.0.6 profile that's been working well for me.

I've turned off random start points and infill, I build a lot of structural parts and I'm not sure if it helps the esthetics.
Temperatures are set 60 for the bed and 190 for extruder for PLA, I don't see the need to ramp up and down temperatures for adhesion,
a properly leveled and clean build platform is more important.
I'm using arc compensation instead of G2/G3 codes, turns out that they are not implemented well with this version of firmware.
Fan ramps up to 60% which delivers 12 volts, why run the fan higher than the intended voltage? Seems to properly cool the layer at this level.
I'm still using custom start code to clear the nozzle and end code to cool the model, these routines were written by Ketil.

Tom
Attachments
m2_custom_106.fff
(2.89 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
Lateralg

Tom,

"I'm using arc compensation instead of G2/G3 codes, turns out that they are not implemented well with this version of firmware."

What firmware are you using?
Make Better Things.
Make Things Better.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”