MasterFX

Partial Infill-Density on Model (not layer based)

A very great feature would be if it is possible to add regions on the model which have a higher infill density (but not layer based)
In the current version it is possible to vary the infill (and other parameters) only from layer/height X to layer/height Y.
It would be a very great feature if it is possible to define a cuboid where the infill density is 100% or higher/lower of the standard desity of the design to have much stronger parts e.g. in the region of holes etc.
Umpa

Re: Partial Infill-Density on Model (not layer based)

Oh yes - that would be real nice. I have had need to vary the infill to make the model stronger where the layers system was inappropriate.
madeinoz

MasterFX wrote:A very great feature would be if it is possible to add regions on the model which have a higher infill density (but not layer based)
In the current version it is possible to vary the infill (and other parameters) only from layer/height X to layer/height Y.
It would be a very great feature if it is possible to define a cuboid where the infill density is 100% or higher/lower of the standard desity of the design to have much stronger parts e.g. in the region of holes etc.
+1

I'm sure that the new version of Slic3r has this feature.
MasterFX

Hi,

since this feature didn't made it in S3D 3.0 I tried an other way to get this.
I cut a part of the 3D-Model out which I wanted to print with 100% infill (Image #1). Then I moved it in the whole model to the right position and created a process for the small part with 100%. But when I sliced it, the slicer prints the infill of the big part in to the 100% infill part (so it is printed 2 times, Image #2).
Then I cut the small part out of the big part and tried it again, but then I get a gap between those two parts (Image #3).
So I have still no perfect solution... :cry:
Attachments
holder1.jpg
holder3.jpg
holder4.jpg
cairn

I guess you have figured this out by now, but just in case, here is the solution:

I think you are assigning both processes to both parts of your model, so that it gets printed twice.
To make sure each part only has one process assigned, go to FFF settings/extruder tab, and near bottom left hit the button to select models, then choose only the parts you want for each process.
MasterFX

This is what I did in the third image, but then I get the scar and no single outline. S3D don't want to merge the outlines together. It acts like it is multicolor (of cause S3D could not know what I want, but it could guess because I use the same extruder.
Of cause I can cut out the part in the model and leave a 0.8mm wall, so I have a continuous outline, but this is way to much preprocessing.

Please try it and post your results!

Well it is three years ago... I will try that again today and post my results
MasterFX

So here is my result. As expected still the same
My design:
cube_hole1.png
Print (with scar, since each process has its own outlines):
cube_hole2.png
And here the factory File
cube2.factory
(9.6 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
MasterFX

And here is my more time intense workaround, by give the outer cube a 0.8mm wall infront of the inner part. But then a scar is stil there but on the inside
cube_hole_workaround.png
cube_hole_workaround2.png
dkightley

Try changing the top & bottom solid layers and perimeter values all to zero for the settings of the inserted part. This will leave just the infill, which will still have interfering extrusions, but they'll all be inside the model out of sight and not cause problems.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
MasterFX

dkightley wrote:Try changing the top & bottom solid layers and perimeter values all to zero for the settings of the inserted part. This will leave just the infill, which will still have interfering extrusions, but they'll all be inside the model out of sight and not cause problems.
Looks like s**t :twisted: . I thinks thats not a solution
cube_hole3.png
Of cause I can do a 0.8mm wall as tube in the outer cube too. But well how much time should I invest in designing to get it work? Ten times more? This is definite not an acceptable solution.

This is the photoshoped version how it should look like:
cube_perfect.png
Last edited by MasterFX on Tue May 23, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Feature Requests”