rasole

Print stops before end of file

Hi there,

I have used a Wanhao Duplicator i3 PLUS together with Simplify3D for some weeks now and an issue keeps showing up more and more. When finishing the last top layer of a print, the last 2-3 lines are ignored and the print terminates.

Once in a while the printer executes the ending code script configured from Simplify3D and homes the X-axis.

I don't know if this is only a hardware/software issue or both, but otherwise it could be nice if I could include a piece of code at the end of the print file to ensure, that the printer is for sure running that at the end.

Can it be certain settings in the software causing this behavior or the hardware thinking the file is terminated before time?

Suggestions on how to troubleshoot this are highly appreciated - thanks
brian442

Re: Print stops before end of file

Maybe your firmware is skipping the commands. You could try putting an M400 command at the top of your ending script. That makes sure that all other moves are finished first before proceeding.
https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/wiki/M400
MasterFX

Are you printing from SD-Card or via USB?
If printing via USB try to print via SD-Card and see if the problem still appears.

You also should try an other USB cable and/or USB-Port if you are printing over USB
rasole

Hi, and sorry for the late response
The M400 command did the trick for me - thanks :)

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”