Kiko Lobo

Release updates?

Hi...

Just a quick note from an anxious user... Any clue on the release date?
jfkansas

Re: Release updates?

Xmas
billyd

Finalizing a release takes 6 months? Seems a little long, why bother announcing it now? Seems like if that were the case, they would have stayed quiet about it until November. jmho
upsm

jfkansas wrote:Xmas
what year?
Used cars search engine
  • TT UP Plus 2 / Smoothieware
  • M150 / Smoothieware
  • Custom (mendel) / Smoothieware
  • Custom (darwin) / Smoothieware
  • Custom (darwin) / Marlin
  • Custom (darwin) / Replicape
jfkansas

I know right? 2018 maybe? Lol

I wish S3d would do more small releases than basically jump from version 3 to 4, then probably to 5.

There is a lot of opportunity to improve the software and make progress between the major releases. Yes there was 3.1 and 3.1.1, but nothing huge in those.
dkightley

One thing no one's picked up on is that what we don't get in v4, we'll probably have to pay for in v5! :( :( :roll: :( :(
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7764&p=33278#p33278

Look at those pidgeons scatter!
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
jfkansas

Ya I saw that reference too. I don't mind paying an upgrade. I mean the license is 150 so an upgrade might be $50? If it helps speed things along development wise it should be fine. If Ver 4 is a huge upgrade I think they should charge a minimal upgrade fee for it. $20 or so maybe? The 3d print market is limited so sales can plateau or fall off some and that is never good for a company.
cosmith71

I think a lot of people would go to one of the free offerings instead of upgrading if there were cost involved to upgrade, especially hobbyists. I'm pretty sure I would. I might anyway, since the update schedule is so sparse and spread out.
jfkansas

Problem is the "free" options work, but they aren't close to S3d in functionality and customizability.
AndersE

Haven't they said "free lifetime upgrades"? If they charge a upgrade fee, i will feel very dissapointed and angry, because i use it for only hobby.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”