wirlybird

S3D no longer inserts fan start code.

Hi all,
This issue has come up again and applies to the Prusa MK2. S3D is leaving the fan start code out of the gcode for a part. I printed Part A yesterday and the part fan came on at the second layer as expected . I then printed another model, Part B and the fan did not come on.
I checked the gcode and the M106 code is there for part A but not for part B. I had not closed or changed any settings in S3D. Just a different part.

I reloaded Part A into S3D and generated the gcode and now the M106 is not there. Same part, settings etc. just 24 hours later it is not adding the fan start.

This is not an issue for other printers. It is only affecting the MK2.

The only fix I have found is to reset S3D and redo all of my profiles.

This is a reoccurring issue and others are seeing the same thing.

Thanks for any thoughts.
brian442

Re: S3D no longer inserts fan start code.

Why don't you post the factory file for the print that doesn't insert the fan commands? What layer were you expecting a command to be added?
wirlybird

I would but it is a customer prototype part. I'll see about another part.

I expected the fan to come on at layer 2 as it is set in the cooling tab. I have searched the gcode and the M106 command is not there.

I can look at the code from a print early yesterday and the command is there. I can load the same model back in and look at the code now and the command is not there. No settings were changed.

This has happened before and for others as well. Doesn't seem to affect other printers.
brian442

Ok, well once you post the factory file, it will be much easier to help
wirlybird

I have found that if I delete layer 1 speed 0 and layer 2 speed 100 (basically the default setup) from the cooling tab for the offending profile and re-add them then the turn on fan is added to the gcode and comes on as expected.

Not the ideal situation but a hell of a lot better than having to reset S3D and reload all profiles which sometimes takes a few attempts to get it working.

I guess S3D is corrupting the profile a bit. Not sure why it is only this profile that is affected.

Next time I will try to get a factory file so you guys can check it out and see if you see anything.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”