msaine

Missing top layers in version 4.0

Just downloaded the new 4.0 and was greatly disappointed by first print done using it. This is a part I have printed before with 3.1.1 and not with these results. Seems it doesn't handle what I call internal top layers. It also made some strange moves in the first few layers.

Looking at the picture I included, the inside flat surfaces have no top layer (top layers set at 4).

The strange moves are when it went to start the first layers it traversed up the right side of the rectangular opening, went about half way to the left across the top of the rectangle then took a tangential path past the circular opening to start the next new layer in the upper left corner of the part. It looked like a very fine string of material was laid down then but when it got to the starting point it started laying material as normal.

Any idea why the top layers are missing?

Update: I restarted the part with 6 top layers and I also noticed the layer depth was set at .1 and changed it to .2 which is where I normally print. I took a video to show the odd paths but it seems your system doesn't like videos or the size of the video message me and I'll send it it some other form.
Attachments
IMG_0757.JPG
darKing

Re: Missing top layers in version 4.0

"Seems it doesn't handle what I call internal top layers."
And what is it exactly, what you call "internal toplayers"? What did you do the make top layers on the inside of the print in the past?
pjbca

I am missing top layer in this print also. Why?
See picture.
dkightley

What picture??
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”