jeevesme@hotmail.com

Variable Settings Wizard not changing skirt or start layer

I was stoked when they introduced the variable settings wizard. I thought, oh man, no more doing everything manually. Unfortunately, it does nothing. It doesn't change the Skirt/brim option from the first process, and it doesn't automatically calculate the second process' start layer correctly. Isn't that the whole point of the "Wizard"?

I have attached pictures if you want to see for yourself. What have they been working on for so long? :roll:
Attachments
Process 2.JPG
Process 1.JPG
Multi Process Wizard.JPG
brian442

Re: Variable Settings Wizard not changing skirt or start lay

jeevesme@hotmail.com wrote:It doesn't change the Skirt/brim option from the first process
Why would it need to change your skirt settings? It already uses the same skirt settings that you had setup for the original process.
jeevesme@hotmail.com wrote:and it doesn't automatically calculate the second process' start layer correctly
From the photo you posted, it looks like the first layer of the second process is starting perfectly on top of the first process. That's what I would expect, so maybe you should post more info about what you wanted it to do.
jeevesme@hotmail.com

Maybe you should look closer. And why would you need a skirt on the second process? I am saying, it doesn't turn off the skirt/brim for the second process.
Attachments
3 Double Brim.JPG
brian442

Can you post your factory file? This doesn't happen to me. I tried using a similar model with the wizard but the skirt only shows at the very bottom. So perhaps it is something with your settings.
wirlybird

Would you not want to uncheck "use skirt/brim" for process 2?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”