3Drasle

Found this video

Not sure if it has been posted here, but it is a great walk through some of the features of Simplify3D:
http://youtu.be/D968RL1Z6l4

/Michael
/Michael, Denmark
tmoore

Re: Found this video

That was a very concise and to the point review. I liked it.
JoeJ

Awesome and very thorough review!
CT4

I find it a shame that the manufacturers of this software cant put out a proper manual
dmulheimer

Last edited by dmulheimer on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsc

Everthing I made here has been sliced in Simplify3D: http://www.thingiverse.com/jsc/made

Not to hold these out as examples of exemplary prints, but just as evidence that nice prints are possible.

I think the quality of parts depends 99% on the process settings, and you Cura and Kiss may have default settings that are better suited to your printer than Simplify3D. Try transferring the Cura print settings to Simplify3D as closely as possible.
dmulheimer

Last edited by dmulheimer on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garyhlucas

David,
I am new to 3D printing, and don't have my own machine running yet. Can you post some pictures of your high quality stuff for reference? Also since you have lots of experience it would be interesting on knowing your thoughts as to why the prints are not as good as you think they should be. Is it possible that the other poster with pictures has a machine that is not up to the task to do better?
Gary H. Lucas
jsc

I have not optimized for seam control, I'm sure it could be better. Others have said that KissSlicer has better seam handling, so you are not alone in your opinion. Almost all those were done pre-2.1, which introduces a setting to set layer start location. While not a fix for visible layer starts, it does allow you to collect them up into a single seam and place it in an unobtrusive location.
tri-lite

First, thanks to jsc for his helpfulness and willingness to share his print collection - well done! :)

A while ago, we had a thread requesting better control over "zits". In the recent 2.1 software version, they added options for the control of the start points. The start location can be completely random, it can be optimized (for speed maybe), or the newest method....it can be aligned to a specific point so that you can "hide" those zits in a less obvious area of your print. Perhaps the man with high standards could do some testing of the new options and share his results because this forum is a great way to learn from others.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”