slippyr4

[FIXED] v4 hangs when slicing a model

I'm trying to slice a model but v4 is just hanging at "calculating infill" when i slice.

is there still a download for v3 available? this is frustrating, i need to print.
brian442

Re: v4 hangs when slicing a model

It would help if you posted your factory file
michalzielanski

I have the same issue.
Attachments
calculating_infill_bug_in_4.0.0.factory
(480.9 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
michalzielanski

The problem occurs when Internal Thin Wall Type option is set to Allow single extrusion fill.
slippyr4

Good work finding the issue, changing that settings makes my model slice without hanging. I'd upload the factory file but it's 10 MB.
Luke

I have the same issue and need it resolved quickly as my model integrity and strength depends on the single extrusion fill feature.

We need to bring this bad issue to the attention of the developers. After paying $150 for the software, a bug like this is not acceptable. Especially because it used to work with no problems (maybe 10 times) and now it just hangs! :x
S3D-Jason

Just to remind everyone, we have multiple people on our team who read every single post on the forum, so you can be assured that we read anything that is posted here.

Our team is already working on our next update to fix any issues that were identified in version 4.0, such as this one. Frequently, you can help our team by making sure to post screenshots or sample files to help reproduce the bug, since this helps our development team quickly get to the bottom of the issue.

Anyways, thanks for reporting this, and you can be assured our team is working on it!
nerys

Thank you I hope you guys are able to fix it because single Extrusion infill is amazing truly amazing
Broart

When using "allow single extrusion fill", I also set "Allowed perimeter overlap" to 50% to get it to work, "perimeter overlap is a preference setting, not an extrusion rate,, if I set it for 10% (default I believe), it hangs at "calculating infill"
I've included a factory file to test with, hope this helps
Attachments
test1.factory
(86.94 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
nerys

mine is also set to 50% (the default value which I saw no reason to alter)

I downloaded your factory file. its tiny ?? what am I looking for?

I only have hanging on HUGE prints (using most of the 300x300x400 space of the printer) or very large litho's

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”