CustomCreations

SLA/DLP support

I myself as well as many others I am sure, would like to see support for the new mainstream of SLA/DLP desktop printers. The new desktop SLA/DLP printers are becoming around the same price point as FDM printers but offer much higher precision and quality of prints. PLEASE integrate this support into an already awesome software!

Thank you for your time!
brian442

Re: SLA/DLP support

FWIW - I already use S3D with one of my SLA printers. It has a lot of options to modify the print files, so I just tell it to remove the extrusion commands and then I put the laser ON/OFF commands in it's place. Works pretty well :D
CustomCreations

brian442 wrote:FWIW - I already use S3D with one of my SLA printers. It has a lot of options to modify the print files, so I just tell it to remove the extrusion commands and then I put the laser ON/OFF commands in it's place. Works pretty well :D
I am not familiar with coding or commands. I recently purchased the Moai SLA printer and it uses Cura :/ My hate for Cura is the main reason I bought S3D many years ago and I would not like to use it if possible.
brian442

What command does that printer use to turn the laser on and off?
CustomCreations

brian442 wrote:What command does that printer use to turn the laser on and off?
Gcode, the support is very minimal gcode and none of the Mcode for laser/galvo control.

G1/G0 for movement. F for Speed. Any G0 or G1 command with E fires the laser, does not matter what values trails the E. G1/G0 with Z moves the layer.
That is it.
brian442

Can you post a sample file here?
CustomCreations

brian442 wrote:Can you post a sample file here?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2Vsj ... 2hWV2s0bGM
brian442

CustomCreations wrote:Any G0 or G1 command with E fires the laser, does not matter what values trails the E. G1/G0 with Z moves the layer.
That is it.
In that case, just change the layer height to 0.05mm, and set the extrusion width to the width of your laser. Then you should already be pretty close with the stock S3D settings. You could probably also disable retractions if you want, since those aren't needed.
jjlink

How did this turn out? I also don't like using Cura for the Moai printer.
Felix 3.0 printer w/the Prometheus system, Eclipse3D v1.1 & v2.1, Moai SLA 3D printer.
brian442

It already works with the Moai. That printer just turns on the laser whenever it encounters E-values in the gcode, so you don't even need to do the other changes mentioned above. Just set the extrusion width to the spot size of the laser and maybe adjust the speeds and scripts.

Return to “Feature Requests”