Fhorn87

4.0 Problem,model disappears when prep to print

So I upgraded to 4.0 and immediately had issues, the variable settings wizard didn't work. It would only allow me to split a model in half up to a certain amount. I figured ok maybe that was just how it works, it only goes up 43 mm and no higher.

Si I figured ok well that was good enough for what I wanted to split, so I split it, altered my processes and hit prep to print, and selected both models..... it would only show the bottom slice, no matter what I did it would not show the top, it assumes I've cut the model in half and it keeps putting a top layer.

So i uninstalled and re installed figuring maybe I need to fresh install 4.0

I'm on a mac btw.

so now, no matter what model i put into the program it won't slice it, I have tried models Ive sliced before, thinking it was the model and no. I create a process and hit prep to print and Im show a blank model space, and no slicing, as if the software thinks nothing is there.

on top of that the variable wizard where before would let me move the slider up and down is now locked at 43 mm and it refuses t move, the cursor is stuck in the numbers box and even if I type 0 it doesn't move.

I have no idea what to do, I honestly regret upgrading and wish I could go back to the earlier version I am not sure what to do please help.

-Nick
brian442

Re: 4.0 Problem,model disappears when prep to print

It sounds like you may just have the "stop printing at height" option enabled or you aren't selecting the other processes.

Can you post your factory file (File > Save Factory File) and maybe a screenshot of what you're seeing?
koos323

Same problem here, model visible on build platform but it disappears when prepping to print. The model is not the problem neither the build height/stop printing at certain height as other models on the platform stay put.
brian442

Well then I would refer you to the same suggestions already mentioned in the post above yours
behold

I am having the same issue. Was there any solution to this?
behold

aha! I found this reply:
Click "Edit Process Settings", then choose the "Select Models" button in the bottom left. If you want to print all parts, then you need to have all parts selected (one of yours is not selected)
https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic. ... ars#p23004
warham

same issue but in windows. model disappears after preview. Works fine in 3.1 and 4.0.
dkightley

Probably the same solution! But with the absence of details...who knows?
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
yak55

Do we have a final answer to this.. everything above does not work
berniri

I had that problem. I tried choosing only one process for each model, and works great.
For example, i had three models, and two processes. I duplicate one of the procesees and i asigned one process for one model.
Its not the best solution, but works... :D

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”