Simplify3D
Site Admin

Version 1.0.7 Now Available

We just finished the final touches on the 1.0.7 update for the Creator software, focusing primarily on improved USB communication. We're also including a few new goodies like support for the 250000 bps baud rate, the ability to save and restore manual support material, and the X/Y offsets that were requested by those using delta-style printers. The complete list of changes are given below.
  • Added experimental support for 250000 baud rate (requires you have appropriate drivers already installed)
  • Further optimization to G-Code file size and overhead communication
  • Rework of USB serial communication to take full advantage of microcontroller serial cache
  • Added automatic reset for older boards (like Gen6 electronics) that do not restart when a new serial connection is initiated
  • Emergency stop button has been improved to also restart older boards
  • Added new G-Code configuration variable for startup command to better support other firmwares
  • Added global X/Y offsets specifically to help with Delta style printers where zero position is at center of table
  • Small bug was fixed for bridging calculations with multiple internal cutouts
  • Added option to import and export manual support structures
  • Factory files also now include support structures in their all-inclusive format
  • STL parser has been updated to handle a wider variety of multi-solid files
  • Previewer has been updated to better handle relative movements (i.e. jogging)
  • Added 10cm lift and X-axis homing to M2 profile ending G-Code (avoids hot nozzle sitting on top of part)
  • Manual Support and Cross Section dialogs now stay on top of other windows
  • Better handling of out of memory errors for large previews
  • Improvements for activation routine
  • Improved debugging tools for serial communication
Note that the 250000 baud rate requires that you already have the appropriate drivers installed on your computer. It appears to work fine on Windows out of the box, but Mac and Linux users may need to install special drivers ahead of time.

Thanks for everyone's feedback so far. Let us know what you think of the new update!
dvalentim

Re: Version 1.0.7 Now Available

Dear Developers,

My printer is a MakerGear Prusa Mendel. I'm not able to connect. My setup is:

1) Operating system is OSX Lion Mountain;

2) My firmware is Marlin;

3) I set the baud rate to 250000. Port with on / dev/ce.usb.modem1411;

Do you have any idea? Help me, please.
Simplify3D
Site Admin

dvalentim - Check your PMs

And we do have a forum specifically for troubleshooting that you can find here: http://forum.simplify3d.com/viewforum.php?f=9
Lateralg

Great. How do I get it?
Make Better Things.
Make Things Better.
Simplify3D
Site Admin

You can get the latest version the same way you downloaded the original. Just follow the instructions in your confirmation email. I suggest uninstalling your current version before installing the new one.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”