SteveIsHeer

Bridging improvements in v4 are great but.....

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:38 pm

I like the new settings for bridging as it gives way more control over that aspect of the print BUT..... why is it if I take a 20mm x 20mm x10mm high solid cube and tell S3D to print NO infill, 2 perimeters, 5 bottom and 5 top layers, it doesn't treat the first top layer it prints as a bridge? I have tried the bridging setting to use a bridge on anything over 5 square mm in size yet it does not use bridging settings. Yet, it will use bridge settings when covering the lettering on the bottom of the 3dbenchy model which is a way smaller area than the above mentioned cube.

Can anyone explain why it works like that?....
It show's to go you how feelish you fool when your tang is all tungled up and you bart stalking tackwards!

gearsawe

Re: Bridging improvements in v4 are great but.....

Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:25 am

When you tell S3D to not infill it the block it still treats the area inside the perimeter as normal inside. You would have to build a cube which has been shelled out with some thickness like the left block below would bridge. This would be more of a request for a new feature. basically you wish the start of the first couple top layers to use bridging settings.
Bridge.JPG

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”