joaojoao

inconsistent flex extrusion isue

Hi,
I´m printing with sainsmart flex filament and it seems that my prints have variable extrusion amonts..
settings in slicer aren´t the problem because I already tried everything..I notest that my filament has a diameter of 0.27mm after it came out of the nozzle..way to thin when compared with PLA for example..don´t seems like I have a parcial clogged nozzle because when changing filaments the extrusion goes back to decent diameters, around 0.4mm..

and problem seems to be cyclic, with a pattern, like you can see in the figure attached..

What do you think it can be?
blackbird2016

Re: inconsistent flex extrusion isue

A cyclic pattern most certainly hints on something with the extruder feed wheel or its drive gear. Dependig on what system this is all about. Check your feed wheels for debris ans filament remains, these cause difference in diameter and thus inconsistent extrusion rate.
jfkansas

Yes, flex filament can be like trying to put a limp noodle into a hot hole. You have to fully support the noodle to keep it going straight.
joaojoao

well, this is what I have:

it seems to work much better when printing with 0,1mm layers (instead of 0.2mm) with the same settings..
can´t understand what is going on..there is no debris or filaments remains on the feed wheels..

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”