luckyloser

Re: Ironing

jfkansas wrote:Why spend time "ironing"? Instead spend time getting your profile setup right and no "ironing" is needed. I see ironing as a bad work around for bad profile setup.
Don't know which filament you use, but for PLA without this additional effort, S3D is just not able to achieve an "ironed" finish like Cura is able to. Tune your profile as you like and print an example to proof your opinion.
neotko

Re: Ironing (aka Neosanding)

Neotko Approves :D
georgepaul

+1 this would be great to have!
jarnoburger

+1
BRLewitt

I agree that would be nice to have!
tychop

I welcome the idea of Ironing top surfaces.
You can talk all you want about how you don't need it because your top layers are king of the hill, but I'll respond the way I respond to my blackmailers.... Pictures or it didn't happen... :mrgreen:

Ironing... +1
Boby

+1 for "ironing", "neosanding" or "top layer settings" - whatever you want to call it.
I do currently have a print, where the top layer on layer 21 is nice - but on layer 7 (a smaller part next to it) is awful.
That's why the technique should be able chosen for "all" (must) or "selected" (nice to have) surfaces in order to save print time.
CutterSlade

I would also like to see this as a feature. It must be automatic though! Creating even more separate processes would be truly annoying. The "Variable Settings Wizard" is already a bad stopgap on a way to a truly smarter slicer. Also a few people where totally besides the point. Ironing is only really good if you also decrease the line width (like in Cura). Then, there is no alternative to it.
jeand

I just read this interesting article.
https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/1 ... r-sanding/

Howver, not sure if I want to make a try.
rszasz

+1, just used cura to print a semi malformed stl out of meshmixer that crashed S3D and I tried ironing for the first time. I'm loving the output quality.

(Anycubic Kossel, marlin 1.1.6)

Return to “Feature Requests”