ferrari550

Flash Forge Creator Pro Jitters

Has anyone else experienced overall "jitterness" to theirs prints? Especially when printing ooze shield? I never had these issue before and when I use flash print (software that comes with the machine) the prints are nice and smooth.

I contacted S3D and they told me the ooze shield jitter is a known issue and told me to slow the speed down for it. (this is a OK temp fix but not a permanent one and also doesn't remove all the jitterness)

After observing the prints, it jitters when laying down the single fill extrusion also.

All this vibration is not good for the machine.

Also, for some strange reason the prints starts before the skirt prints?! This defeats the purpose.

I am running the latest firmware and S3D 4.0
ferrari550

Re: Flash Forge Creator Pro Jitters

I guess no one else has had this issue? Since this started to happen, I no longer use S3D and only use Flash print, it has its limitation but at least it doesn't shake my machine apart! I would really like the communities input on this.
Ayres3D

I have a Creator Pro and I don't think that I've seen this in a general sense. I have experienced times when printing "zig zag" infill that it will jitter, but I would have thought that was inevitable.

Do you have a factory file I could try on mine to see whether I see the same thing?
wirlybird

I only see a "jitter" when it does circles on the first layer but this is a known issue.

What profile are you using in S3D? What speeds are you running at?

What version of firmware?
ferrari550

I’m running the latest firmware (not near my machine so can’t tell you 100%) ) S3D 4.0. I’ve notice that on the first layer it does hitter but I’ve notice that I does it when extruding the new single line infill. I can post my factor file later when I have access to it. I find the print over all is very jittery and jerky. What speeds are you printing at? I’m using the default speed of 3800 mm/sec I I think. Are you guys slowing down the prints? Are you modifying the standard profiles that S3D give for Creator pro?
wirlybird

I generally print slower. My base speed is 40mm/s and depending on the model I may speed up.

Were firmware updates done through Flashprint?
ferrari550

Yes I have update the firmware once. Trying to get support from Flashforge is tough. I have to give them credit, they try but the language is a problem.
It seems simplify3D isnt interested in helping me. When I get home I will post more info.

UPDATE:
Sailfish v7.8 r0e8a9. S3D support responded and suggested reduce speed. I'm going to trying printing that calibration square circle and see what happens. For now it seems the small the part gets the more shutter I get, I know that small parts make smaller movements that are prone to jitteriness but I never had problem before.

Stay tune..... Thanks for your feedback so far, much appreciated!
Nepherael

I know this topic is a couple months old but I am having the same issue and if you have gotten anywhere with your troubleshooting I would be very interested.

I've found at least 3 issues with S3D in the past two months and have not received a real response on any of them. This specific issue I did receive some suggestions on the forum.

I have been printing circular objects and the ooze shield that lays down with them sounds like my machine is shaking apart as well. The print itself is fine. Smooth as silk. Only the ooze shield messes the machine up

I mean really scary shuddering and jerking. Sounds like my hot end ran into something and I jerk my head in my printers direction every time.

So far mine has done it on every other ooze shield layer. Which is weird. One lays down beautifully and the next one sounds like my machine blew up

I tried reducing speed to 75% and didn't have any resolution to the issue but even if I go slower, the ooze shield is printing correctly sometimes so there's definitely an issue going on here.

I would like to add that I found a weird issue with multi process printing recently that creates triple the layers in the preview before saving the print. I honestly feel these two issues are connected and I have an entire thread with 10 posts by me and no responses if anyone is interested in the link

Printer: Qidi Tech I

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”