shasselberg

Wrong Extruder for Support

In my dual extrusion process settings, I selected that support is to be printed with the right extruder. It was printed with the left, however. Is this a bug?
brian442

Re: Wrong Extruder for Support

Try going back to Help > Configuration Assistant, and then re-download the FF Creator Pro profile. Then click edit process settings, select the new profile at the very bottom of the list, and then set the extruder configuration to "Both Extruders". After you have done that you can choose which extruder is used for the outlines, infill, supports, etc.

I use this same profile and it works fine following these steps
shasselberg

I have an Ultimaker 3, not Flash Forge. Should have said that in my original post. I have download the configuration for my machine.
shasselberg

Well I think I have figured this out, but dual-extrusion sure is confusing. After doing the dual-extrusion wizard and saying which model uses which extruder, it creates a Dual Extrusion Process with two sub-processes, one for each color. it seems that I need to go into the profile for each color, and say which extruder is used for support for that color. That's confusing.
latreides

shasselberg wrote:Well I think I have figured this out, but dual-extrusion sure is confusing. After doing the dual-extrusion wizard and saying which model uses which extruder, it creates a Dual Extrusion Process with two sub-processes, one for each color. it seems that I need to go into the profile for each color, and say which extruder is used for support for that color. That's confusing.
I agree completely. I have been trying to figure out Dual Extrusion with S3D for the last week or so and I am still not sure I have it right.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”