HexHyte

[BUG] Temp settings for each materials is the same!? :\

Hello guys, i'm having a weird issue.

As stated in the title it seems that from the last update switching profile from Auto-Configure for Material option overwrite the current temperature settings in all the other materials.
(Tool 0 related only, Bed temperatures switch correctly from a profile to another)

N.B. Not only the temperatures of the Tool 0 seem to be bugged, also all the Filament Properties in Other tab are the same for all different materials. :(
Last edited by HexHyte on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
brian442

Re: [BUG] Temp settings for each materials is the same!? :\

I just tested this and it definitely doesn't touch any OTHER profiles. It just changes the temperature settings for the profile you are in. I tried it 5 different ways and it only ever modifies the current profile you are using when you change the material option.

If you're seeing something else, you're going to need to upload some sample files and give more specifics on exactly what steps and buttons you're clicking

For the question about filament properties, you just have to add that to the <autoConfigureMaterial> section if you want that to change with each material. There's dozens of threads on the forum already about how to do this.
HexHyte

Thanks for the fast answer sir.
I'll try to explain everything with order. I've also edited the post to make it clearer.
brian442 wrote:I just tested this and it definitely doesn't touch any OTHER profiles. It just changes the temperature settings for the profile you are in [..]
This is exactly why i called this a BUG. :(
Click Here, i uploaded a video showing the trouble i'm having.

Another question about this:
brian442 wrote:[..] For the question about filament properties, you just have to add that to the <autoConfigureMaterial> section if you want that to change with each material. There's dozens of threads on the forum already about how to do this.
I will check this eventually but i not really asked for this, but maybe is just me failin something :s
dkightley

There is a BUG in your video. It won't play!

...or putting it more appropriately....

Can you check that you have set up the YouTube video correctly. I can't get it to play.....the video is stated as not being available.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
HexHyte

dkightley wrote: It won't play!
Try it again
HexHyte

I workaround-ed this by creating a new profile from scratch, bug is gone, for the moment..
brian442

If you go to Help > Configuration Assistant and download one of the properly made profiles from S3D, does this still happen? I tested it with several of my profiles from S3D and all of them work correctly.

So my guess would be that you have been modifying this profile yourself, probably by adding new temperature controllers, but you never actually added those new temperature settings to the <autoConfigureMaterial> sections. Again, all of the S3D-provided profiles already have these things configured properly, but if you're adding new temperature controllers on your own, you would need to add those to the auto configure selection as well.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”