storeman

Software Bed Levelling

While there is a bed levelling wizard included with the software I find it pretty clunky and not very helpfull. What would be usefull would be a software levelling solution similar to that found in Mattercontrol. This helps print on a warped bed where it is impossible to manually level because the build platform isn't perfectly flat. When I first got a 3D printer I was unable to use it due to a badly warped build platform until I discovered the mattercontrol software levelling.

It is basically a simple mesh bed levelling which adjusts the gcode to take into account the discrepencies on the Z axis at the XY co-ordinates.

S3D beats Mattercontrol hands down in every area except this and I occasional have to go back to matter control if I need to print on the printer with the warped bed. This isn't very often but it is the only printer I can use for ABS printing at present as it has it's own enclosure.
Emerge

Re: Software Bed Levelling

I absolutely agree with this! I am using a Orion delta style printer from SeeMeCnc and without matter control software, there’s no way I would be able to print with it. It would be nice to have this feature added in Simplfy3D.
S3D-Jake

Re: Software Bed Levelling

Thanks for adding your interest to this existing feature request! We're always grateful to hear from our users here and as always I'll keep forwarding this excellent feedback to our development team.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “Feature Requests”